Monday, January 29, 2007

The Armstrongs

Compiled from the reality TV show episodes, The Armstrongs: The Movie is obviously very funny, but I didn't expect to find it as sad as I did. Perhaps because I was feeling ill when I watched it, I remember it as very queasy viewing. Wikipedia has collected up some marvellous quotes from it, though.

"We could get rid of Sally and make the others think 'shit'. It’ll be like taking dynamite to a naked flame festival."

"Fame is a funny old business. It can open doors for you. Me and Ann went for a meal recently and Ann got extra mash and I got an egg. I thought 'I like this'."

"We're trying to make paper airplanes out of concrete."

"You're really smart, you're like the man from Burtons. I'm like the man from ... not Burtons."

"What was was, and now what is is, and is tomorrow a new day? Yes it is."

No comments: